How do I use TRIOLOGY™?
TRIOLOGY™ Periodontal Treatment Protocol
- Have patient rinse for 1 minute with 4 ml of TRIOLOGY™ Debriding Rinse before starting treatment.
- Using preloaded syringe, place TRIOLOGY™ Dental Serum along all gingival margins before initial scaling. (Do not rinse)
- Perform initial scaling into pocket using hand instruments to gain access to pocket.
- Using preloaded syringe, place TRIOLOGY™ Dental Serum into pocket both sub and supra-gingival.
- Use Piezo or Ultrasonic instrument to clean tooth and root surfaces free of debris. Check with explorer for calculus, fine hand scale if needed.
- Repeat steps 4-5 until microfoaming action is minimal and free of debris. (A total of 3 applications)
- Instruct patient to rinse with 4 ml TRIOLOGY™ Debriding Rinse for 1 minute and spit out rinse. Do not rinse with water. Repeat 3 times per day.
- Instruct patient to use TRIOLOGY™ Dental Treatment Pen by placing gel around gingival margins of treated teeth to promote healing, and reduce inflammation and pain. Repeat at least 3 times per day.
- Refer to product insert for full instructions, indications, and warnings.
How TRIOLOGY™ works
Periodontal disease is a persistent bacterial infection, one of the most common diseases in adults. There has been growing interest throughout the oral health care profession in therapeutic agents that complement and enhance the mechanical removal of harmful microbes in the oral cavity. Many times this infection is only treated by mechanical means via scaling and root planing. Periodontal infections, like many other infections, benefit from the use of antimicrobials locally or systemically.
TRIOLOGY™ dental serum is a biologic antimicrobial debridement gel that can be applied directly to and into the periodontal pocket during scaling and root planing. TRIOLOGY™ dental serum, when placed into the periodontal pocket immediately begins to debride using the microfoaming action of carbamide peroxide and Tritiserum, a patent-pending biologic blend of wheatgrass powder, aloe vera powder, and essential oils. The viscous consistency allows it to easily adhere to the pocket. Cleansing with TRIOLOGY™ Dental Serum helps kill and remove bacteria and its byproducts that are most common in periodontal disease, resulting in cleaner and healthier sulcus environments. Following surgery of the mouth and gums, TRIOLOGY™ is recommended for use as a soothing gel application to accelerate healing and reduce inflammation and pain. Clinical results have showed that in moderate to deep periodontal pockets cleansing with TRIOLOGY™ decreased pocket depths and inflammation.
Reducing harmful bacteria in periodontal pockets is a very hard task that mechanical means alone can’t achieve. Adding a biologic cleansing debridement agent to the periodontal treatment procedure that kills harmful bacteria and removes the bacteria, its bacterial byproducts, debris, and irritants creates a cleaner sulcus environment. TRIOLOGY™ Dental Serum should be considered to aid in achieving a successful periodontal protocol. When there is a significant reduction in pathologic bacteria, this allows for an overall increase in attachment levels.